Saturday, January 23, 2010

Having friends in college is really great.

Tonight-

I blog from the safety and comfort of the room of the one and only: Jessica Kyner. Let me just state that first and foremost, she is the COOLEST lesbian EVER. Seriously... try and find a cooler lesbian. That's right, you CAN'T. [I'm so sorry Jess, this means I love you... a lot.] Second on my agenda, is to say with all my heart to those of you who have commented on my last post: I love you all. You guys rock, and you've made me as giddy as a schoolgirl. If you liked it, please please PLEASE tell your friends. I want as much constructive criticism as possible on this, because this isn't just a paper... it's the honest-to-god story of my life. These events actually took place, these people are real and they have affected my life in very,very real ways. Maybe when it's finished I'll post a picture of the legal pad on here. It's funny- the last few nights I've been looking through it- trying to figure out what to include, which excerpt will help tell the story the best. Let me tell you fellow bloggers, I was not quite ready for the tidal wave of emotion that came flooding back when I turned each wrinkled, stained page. I could tell you exactly where I was, who I was with, who each passage is about, and which month it was written in. Take Ben's ghost writing for example. I could picture the night perfectly in my mind... I remember what we were wearing, what flavor coffee I was drinking, which table we were sitting at. I can even remember names of some of the songs that blared over our heads. But ask me how many cigarettes I smoked that night, how many cups of coffee I drank, or how much time passed before we called it a night and I couldn't even begin to tell you. I guess it's because these details never really mattered to me. I was never one for counting hours that summer- time just managed to drift by, both fast and slow and I was never any the wiser.

The moral of this story: comfort comes in all the most unexpected ways... even if it's just a new place to blog.

Song of the night: Perfect blue buildings- The Counting Crows.

Until next time, stay classy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment