Tuesday, July 28, 2009

All I need to know about love, I've learned from The Decemberists.

There' something about being awake when the sun comes up-

that keeps me from wanting to sleep. Although I'm finding with insomnia comes the frequent feeling of disorientation. I picked up Jena last night around nine, and feels like I picked her up a week ago. It's also alarming to look at my phone and find that it's July 28th...not that the date is an important one- it just baffles me to realize that summer is almost over. I vividly remember graduation, the moment of unease I felt a half an hour before it, as I sat down with a polar pop and a cigarette on my front porch with Hatts. It seems like yesterday I was walking down the stairs to Yami's basement for the first time. I remember my trip to c-bus, and prom night. But so much time has passed between the first day of my first year of high school to right this very second- and so much has happened. I worked an awful job, fell in love, got pierced, recorded a demo, lost sleep and found myself- not all in that order. At this very moment, I have my whole life ahead of me. I have school to go [or not go] to. I have friends to punch in the face, polar pops to consume, songs to write, stories to tell. I'm eighteen and invincible,and my life won't stay this way forever. All I can really say is I hope that when the world comes to and end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

The moral of this story: Keyser park is beautiful at 4:30 in the morning.

Until next time, stay classy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment