Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy belated birthday, Harry.

In the spirit of things-

I would normally open up my blog with something pertaining to the type of day I've had/cynical humor/what's nagging at the back of my sleep deprived mind. But the only two things I can keep focused on right now are:
1. I'm using my mom's computer so for once, I don't have to worry about it shutting down on me and/or punching it in the face. Patrick be praised.
2. I want some serious coffee...like enough for me to call it a night at 1:55 and sleep for four hours so that I may awake, shower and the plague the poor souls who have to open Starbucks at six in the morning.
I would also kill for some decent conversation right now. It's too early for me to go to bed [even with a genius plan such as the one mentioned above] aside from that, my mother has this intense rule about having her car home before midnight thus, me not being in Lakewood for the second night in a row. lately I'm finding myself sort of "escaping" to Common Grounds. Escaping being in quotes because there's nothing to run from back in the falls. In fact, I should be running from Lakewood but fat chance THAT would ever happen. I find myself at peace in that little coffee shop- my mind settles for a few hours. In an odd way it's like my own awkward version of a good nights sleep.

The moral of this story: I am Jack's odd sense of security.

Until next time, stay classy kids.

1 comment: