Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fall Out-Boy Meets Girl.

Al-x Lovell is single-

that's the first thing facebook has to tell me when I log in at 4:00 in the morning. Not that I'm not well aware of this fact- seeing as I'm the reason he's single. It's just a big slap in the face, displaying the fact a full week after we called it quits. Now fellow bloggers, I'm completely aware that even though I punched him in the face, I am still not over him yet. Yes, meeting a total stranger in the parking lot of Steak-N-Shake is nice, and yes, this Patrick look-a-like is beautiful, but I still find myself lacking the closure I expected to have by now. In a cosmic sort of way, this is the definition of irony. A girl whose never cared about anyone suddenly finds herself needing closure to move on with her life. It's like God is giving me the proverbial middle finger for waiting so long to grow up. I used to make fun of the kids who clung on to past relationships and now I guess I'm one of them. All I can do is pray to whatever's up there to send Patrick back my way and prove to me this misdirected punk wasn't the best thing out there.

The moral of this story: relationships are not for the weak.

Until next time, stay classy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment